Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Things to do over the Summer!

School will be out in 23 more days!!! Can you believe it? This year has gone by so fast! I was nervous to have a child in High School and she did great! I was freaking out at the beginning of this school year when we went to walk through her schedule. It was very overwhelming to me. Some of the kids were really scary looking, there were so many kids, it was nothing like my High School. When I went to school I knew the whole student body. With the amount of kids that go to this school, she'll be lucky to know her whole class. She'll be a sophmore next year, I can't believe it! Sabrina will be in Junior High and both my boys will be in Elementary. My baby will be going to Kindergarten! I'm already kind of sad about it because he's my buddy that I hang out with during the day. They are all growing up too fast for me.
I had a productive day today in some ways...I made a Sunday dinner because for some reason on Sunday's since our church time has changed to 3 p.m. I don't do one. I don't know why because I have all day to prepare. It's just a day to get my calling done and relax. I even made bread and banana bread-WOW...huh?
Later on, I was goofing around on my computer on Sugar Doodle and was checking out some of the idea's of fun things to do during the summer. I love projects that are doable! Here are a few of them...Maybe, you might want to do them too...

This is wall art with Styrofoam and scrap booking paper. Sabrina's room has been neglected. This will be my challenge-I love it though.

I have extra material from my blanket project from the mid-week activity. This I can do :) There is always someone having a baby right?

Side note: These are burb cloths---not maxi pads. One of my cute friends thought they were-lol.

Too easy-and fun for the 4th of July

I love it when the kids are home. Even though they would rather hang with friends now, I'm excited to see them more!

5 comments:

Dyana said...

Hey Heather....if you need some vinyl for the Stars & Stripes blocks....let me know!

SBrooks said...

Nice work. Love the ideas

love_b said...

Fun stuff! Not going to lie- when I scrolled down and saw the pictures of the burp pads I was like oh wow she's making pad's? (Like period pad's) haha i laughed real hard when I realized they are really burping pads. Oops! :) Bell's loved those taggy blankets when she was a baby. My mom bought her one at the store and the lady helping her said- "These really help their computer skills" Uhh..okay? We still are confused to this day what that means!

michelle said...

So many fun ideas! I need to settle down, and work on some projects! :)

love_b said...

K so heather, I want you to make me some Maxi's the next time I have a baby so I can take them to the hospital. I'll be so stylin with your cute patterns! LOL! I am still laughing about that!