Thursday, August 14, 2008

Braces are Dangerous!

A couple days ago I got a call from the school nurse telling me that Landon hurt himself by running into a girl with braces on during P.E. and that she thinks it's a deep cut and it probaby needed stitches. I ran over to the school and this is how she taped him together. I thought she did a great job. I called Dr. Grandma over to look at it to see what she thought and we decided the nurse did a great job and to just leave it because he'd have a scar there no matter what. Plus we have no insurance right now. I put a band-aide over it because we had scouts later that day. By the end of the night there was blood seeping through the band-aide so I took it off to get a look at it. His cut was opening and I ran over to Ruth's to have her butterfly it. I am a huge wimp when it comes to things like this. I guess it wasn't really taped together well, or it really was a deep cut for it to start to open again. I kept him home from school yesterday so he wouldn't re-open it and to let it heal. Ruth did good because it now looks great considering he'll have a scar. I know, I know, it gives him character. Norma talked to him on the phone that day and said, "Maybe the girl was hungry". Landon actually thought about it and then laughed.

12 comments:

The Ridgway Family said...

Holy Cow Heather, that is yucky. Thank heaven's for Dr. Grandma's - seriously! He is such a handsome little guy in his scout uniform. I LOVE the Logan picture. He is so ready for school and looks too cute.

Keisa

Lisa @ Pulsipher Page said...

Hey, In case you need a doc. I know one in the Sossaman ward who works at an urgent care. I think he's a PA and he even made a house call when Andrew had swimmers ear.

Heather said...

Cool thanks Lisa, I'll keep that in mind.

McIntosh said...

OUCH that has to hurt! Tell landon Im sorry!!

Susan said...

Super glue works great for deep cuts! Ask Caleb to see his almost invisible scar on his forehead from a tire iron (no, it was not me who hit him!).

Shari Tate said...

OUCH!
That looks really painful!
What a trooper!

Staci said...

OH my! That looks like it had to have hurt! What a tough dude!

Ruth said...

Hey Dr.Ruth here..lol Just checking on the patient! You know my bill will come later in the form of dinner one night! :) I hope it doesn't scar too bad:(

Brett and Becki said...

Oh the warwounds of childhood. Thanks for throwing the babyshower its went really good. You are such an awesome person! Becki

Teresa said...

Last week Emi was telling me about this little incident -- but I did'nt make the connection it was Landon until your blog. Hope he's doing better now.

Mindy said...

Heather - During August they have what they call $2 Tuesdays at Thanksgiving Point. The first week the lines were terrible! I'm not sure if it slowed down or not. I got my coupon from the Happenings Book. You can get in for half price if you go with someone with a pass. I am seriously thinking about getting a pass. If I do, I would love to let your sister get in for a deal! Mindy

Addi Heap said...

Well that FISHY WATER THING WAS ALL FOR ANNA!