This is something my sister Ruth would put on her post. She put Charlton Heston on her blog when he died. I've always liked Paul Newman. Here are a few facts about him if you didn't know this already...
1. Has been married to Academy Award winning actress Joanne Woodward since 1958 and once said to Hollywood, " I have steak at home. Why should I go out for hamburger?"
2. Founder of the Hole in the Wall Gang -it is a camp developed to provide children, ages 7-17, who battle chronic and life threatening illnesses with the opportunity to have a normal summer camp experience-primarily funded by his food products.
3. He was a director, producer, WWII veteran, race car driver, and owner of Newman's Own and they introduced their salad dressing first in 1982. They also make various other food products like salsa, pasta sauce, popcorn and lemonade. The profits after taxes are donated to charity.
4. Secretly hates salad dressing :)
One funny story: One time he went to one of his camps and sat down to eat next to the children and one kid looked at him, looked at his picture on the salad dressing bottle, and then said to him, "are you lost?"--cute huh? I love children.
I've always thought that my Dad looked like him a little-What do you think?




3 comments:
He did accompoish a lot in his life. I was sad to see he passed away this weekend.
Thank you for having Sarah over Friday night. She had so much fun!!!
I'm afraid I'm a little more hamburger than steak- Dan kinda got stuck... Cute idea for a post- I liked the trivia. Sounds like a pretty decent guy.
I love reading your blog as well- This is a great way to keep up with everyone- We just really need to start a campaign for the rest of the fam to join in- If I can figure this stuff out- Then anyone can!!
Love you guys
Hollie
Yeah, he looks like him a little. Love your new blog, I am just to dang lazy to change mine in any way. I saw all your cute decorations so I have to put mine up now before it's too late!
Keisa
Post a Comment