Lane and I met on a blind date set up by his brother Cory and my Mom. They worked together and Cory had seen me oneday and he asked my Mom about me and said his little brother Lane just got home a mission from Brazil, and if it was okay to give Lane my number. Cory called Lane and told him that he needed to call me. Lane did several times before he actually caught me at home. He was going to BYU at the time and whenever he came back into town (Sandy-Murray) he would call me. I think the first time he called my house to talk to me was in June and I wasn't home and he never gave up until finally we talked and he asked me out. We went out on his birthday, two days after Christmas. (I'm glad he never gave up calling me) I liked him from the start. I thought he was cute and lots of fun. We saw the movie "Dances with Wolves" and Lane ordered a huge jumbo popcorn and lots of candy etc...I thought to myself..."Where does it all go?" he has never changed with making you feel comfortable and still treats me like a princess. We dated and everything was great, my mind was focusing on the fact that I was going to go on a mission and I didn't think otherwise until one night Lane told me that he didn't want me to go! I loved him and wanted him to wait! I remember talking to my bishop about it because I didn't know what to do. I prayed about it and married him a week after my 21st birthday. We moved to California and my first calling in our ward was Stake Missionary.-kinda funny huh? I know that I made the right decision and can't believe how time flies...it seems like only yesterday that I was waiting for him to pick me up to get married in the Temple. I couldn't sleep all night I was so excited!
We got married on a weekday and there was only 2 weddings that day. So it felt like we had the Temple to ourselves. The only bummer was that they were remodeling the Temple and there was scaffolding on one whole side and so I couldn't get a good picture of us with the Temple in the background without seeing the construction.
My Grannie flew over from Scotland and had arrived just as we were walking out. This picture makes me happy and sad. Happy because I was glad to see her, sad because she wasn't a member and so she didn't get to see me get married and traveled such a long way for it. I'm mad at myself that I didn't do a ring ceremony or something for her. She died the next year-until we meet again!
This is Lane and I in Scotland. 



11 comments:
Great pictures and story. I love hearing about how people met. Happy Anniversary!
17 Years. wow! pretty impressive. Still look like newlyweds.
holy heck, 17 years? We are like a little over one and i'm dyin!! Ha ha jk! I remember in young womens when you would bring your wedding pictures in, I loved looking at them, always hoping I would be able to go through the temple! And hooray I got my butt there! Thanks for always being a great example to me and my fam. I miss you like crazy! P.S. Lane was SkiNnY!!!!
I love your story. I can't believe he kept call for so long. His brother must have really said some good things about you. You two are so cute.
Ummm, Dances With Wolves...wasn't that rated R?! Lane was a wild one I see! Love the pictures and you still look fabulous:)
I'm commenting on my own blog..It is rated PG-13. I don't even own it :) I thought the movie was okay, I'm not a huge Kevin Costner fan.
I love your new blog background by the way!!! Owls are the new thing!
Congrats on being together for so long!
Okay I must not be getting all of your blog. Your blog background is just white and I don't see an owl. Where is it.
My goodness, 17 years. You don't even look old enough to be married for that long! Thanks for tolerating us in church...we run a three ring circus every week!!
Great pictures , i showed them to Greg he really laughed, kids, they'll grow up some day:)
I always love you rblog, thanks for the P Newman story.
Heather you really do look young still! Congrats!
Post a Comment