Friday, October 17, 2008

Halloween

Okay, Halloween is in 13 more days-WOW! Where does the time go??? I'm a room parent for Landon's class and was wondering if anybody had any idea's for a fun game, craft, or anything to do for an hour that doesn't cost a lot of money. I was thinking of making these eyeball cupcakes I saw the other day or the witch ones-I haven't decided yet. I'll for sure bring my cauldron and do the dry ice effect with root beer, the kids love that. I would like a photo op. (besides something fun to do) but I'm not sure if I want to bring all my crazy outfits like I have in that past...maybe, I can find something they can put their head in like at a carnival...anyone seen anything that would be cool?

We Also had a Harry Potter moment tonight. We were outside and an owl flew right by our heads onto the lamp post. I ran and grabbed my camera so you could see.... you might have to click into this picture to get a better view.

I think this has been an interesting fall break for us. We went absolutely no where for the first time in years. Brittany and I worked on one of her 10 hour YW projects and finally finished. She made two recipe books- one for her and one for me and let me just tell you that it was way beyond a 10 hour project and should count for 2! She's already made buttermilk syrup with waffles one morning and she made Alfredo tonight. I think she's liking this project and I'm so grateful for it because I've wanted to put one together for years-it's so nice not having to thumb through my box to find a recipe-it's lovely. Also Landon earned a belt loop for scouts and some arrow points so I guess we got a lot accomplished for not going anywhere :)

Crazy Kids-I sure love them!!!

6 comments:

Staci said...

Looks like you guys are ready for Halloween! I like the eyeball cupcakes for Landon's class! Way cute! You are a darling mom Heather! Love ya!

Shari Tate said...

You could take longer making a witch's brew instead of just rootbeer. Each year we have a family halloween party the Monday before halloween and Ashlee and I dress up like witches and actually make a very dramatic witches brew! Sprite, grape juice, bugs, ice cream if you want...and you name it all different gross things like bug juice, eyeballs, etc! The kids LOVE IT!

Shari Tate said...

I'll answer your question on your blog instead of mine!!
I don't have a set recipe....
we just buy whatever...you could make it what ever you want.

When we start, the dry ice is already in the caldron,
then we 'ham it up' by saying we are pouring bug juice...add the grape juice.
then spider guts, add vanilla ice cream that is soft
then some grapes, that are eyeballs
i have a ziploc baggie of plastic worms and bugs i always put in.
the kids LOVE IT when their scoop gets the biggest bug or worm!
i had something for apple juice too, and sprite...
and in the end, even though it looks gross...it tastes pretty good!
The funnest part is letting them help pour things in, and making it believable!

Tara Fisher said...

Oooooooo I love the eyeball cupcakes, you should do those. For Landon's party just have the kids stick their hands in the gross stuff, like scrambled up brain, and eyeballs. Kids always like that.

love_b said...

Are you and Lane dressing up this year? I'm so excited for our costumes..it's a surprise though! :)

Anonymous said...

Heather,
All I can say is you are totally fun and so dang cute. I had such a good time chatting with you the other nite. Yes add us to your blog because I am going to add you.

Hugs,
Becka