On Sunday the talks in church were about being grateful for the things that Heavenly Father has given us and to recognize them and to be thankful for them and show appreciation to him in all things. I have been thinking about the things that were said especially because there are so many things that I'm grateful for. The First thing: This has been a year of trials and blessings for us and I am grateful to Heavenly Father for loving us and for always being there for us. Second: A great husband. When I was in Young Women's I remember our leader's always telling us to aim high and to "marry a worthy priesthood holder, one that could take you to the temple to be married for time and all eternity, and to marry someone better than yourself." I don't know what I did to deserve this, but this is what Heavenly Father blessed me with. Third: My children. What joy and happiness they have brought into my life. Each stage of their lives is so fun to me. Brittany is so loving-she always thinks of others before herself. Sabrina is so sweet to her brother's and always makes us laugh. Landon is our little talker and always has a story to tell and loves to be hugged. Logan makes us laugh and loves affection. They are a precious gift to us. Fourth: My Family. I'm so grateful for great parents and in-laws---that I love. For fun siblings. We are so close. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't talk to one of them. And their spouses---I love them all. Fifth: Great teachers. At church and at school. Sixth: Great Friends. Seventh: The Temple. I'm grateful that Lane and I worked together every Tuesday night in the baptistry. What a blessing that was for us. I recommend this to everyone. Eighth: The Book of Mormon. Even though it has taken us about 2 years to get through it as a family and we still have a ways to go... I'm truly grateful for this wonderful history that was preserved for us. I love the spirit in our home when we read this as a family. Ninth: A living prophet. Tenth: Last but not least our savior Jesus Christ. Where would we all be without him? I love him very much and know that he loves us. I hope that during this Christmas season we can remember the things that really matter. Thanks for everything-Love, Heather
10 years ago



9 comments:
That was a beautiful post Heather. It's always good to take a step back once and awhile and realize all of our blessings. I love your background.
Heather thanks...I was feeling sorry for myself today. That brought me back to where I needed to be. I have also been so blessed and should only feel gratitude and nothing less! You are right on!
What a nice post - it really is nice to stop and think about all the things we should be thankful for. You are a good friend and a good example to me!
Beautiful post. I'm thankful I have good friends like you.
This is such a wonderful post. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Thank you for your post! It's what I needed today.
What a timely post. I have a hard time recognizing what I have to be grateful for- I'm usually griping about what I DON'T have instead. Thank you for putting things in perspective. Love you guys!
Heather it was so FUN talking with you the other night. We serioulsy need to get together, and do something fun! Thank you for the compliment on the picture. My husband is a lot like yours. He would have been thriled if we could have been done with pictures in record time.
Sarah sure has been having fun hanging out with the firls. She felt sooo bad about poor Britany landing on the floor. Ouch!
Thanks for the bug tips! I think I need to send another package to Brazil - Glad you enjoyed the cookies! Don't you think it's time for another blog entry?
Post a Comment