Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Valentine's Day Idea's

I found these really great idea's for Valentines Day that I thought I'd share... so if you were interested you could try them out... First: I love to go to the Wild Flower Bread Company and they make this delicious hot chocolate with mint marshmallows-YUMMY! I found the recipe--Yeah!!! Maybe, I'll have a romantic moment with Lane :) 4 gelatin envelopes 1½ c. water 1½ tsp. peppermint extract, or less ½ tsp. vanilla extract, or less 3 c. sugar 1¼ c. corn syrup candy-canes, crushed to make 1½ c. 1. Coat a 9 x 13-inch pan with cooking spray for extra thick marshmallows. Or coat one 9 x 13- and one 8 x 8-inch pan with cooking spray for medium thickness. Cut parchment paper to fit and line bottoms of pan(s). Then coat parchment paper with spray. 2. Put sugar, corn syrup and ¾ cup water in a saucepan and bring to boil with lid on. Once boiling, remove lid and continue to boil without stirring until candy thermometer registers 240 F. (While you’re waiting, it’s a good time to work on steps 3 and 4.) 3. Place candy-canes inside a plastic bag and the place within another plastic bag and crush. We used the end of a rolling pin. 4. In the bowl of a standing mixer, combine ¾ cup water, peppermint extract and vanilla extract. Then sprinkle gelatin over the liquid. Let sit. 5. With mixer on low, pour sugar/corn syrup mixture into the gelatin mixture. Be really careful as mixture is very hot and pan could be heavy. You might want to employ a splash guard. When all is poured in, raise speed to high. Mix until very fluffy, usually 10 minutes. 6. Pour mixture into lined pan(s) and pat down with offset spatula smothered in cooking spray. Sprinkle 1-2 cups of crushed candy-cane over the top and carefully pat in. Let sit uncovered in a clean space for at least 10 hours. 7. Remove from tray and cut with scissors or knife coated in cooking spray. Dip edges and bottoms generously in confectioners sugar to buffer sticking.
I think this is sooooo cute!
This is a vase with Artificial flowers surrounded by Red Hots-so cute! And I love the Cup cakes!
Happy Valentines Day!!

9 comments:

Lisa @ Pulsipher Page said...

Cute ideas! I like the red hots in a vase and the button pillow.

mpal said...

I love the pillow and the cupcakes the mint thing just seems too labor intensive for a woman who rarely cooks anymore, but cute ideas. I want to see the butterfly pillow when you get done with it.

mpal said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heather said...

Is the "author" me? I don't remember deleting anything-Patrice, It might seem time consuming but they are awesome!

Anonymous said...

Oh YUMMY!!!!

michelle said...

These are such fun ideas! I think I will pick up some red hearts on Monday. I can't believe it is almost Valentine's Day. How is everyone doing over there?

Tara Fisher said...

I love Valentine's Day! I think I will copy some of those ideas...they are so cute!

SBrooks said...

Very fun! I havent tried the marshmellow before. My mom makes them all the time at easter.

Barbara said...

I hope you got a romantic moment with Lane. These are really cute ideas. I'm sure you were tired after your big sale!