This is my Nana! I love her so much and she is one special lady! We had a "surprise" 90th Birthday Party for her and it was very fun. Her Brother Andrew and his 3 boys, and her Sister Harriett flew here from Ontario, Canada. She hasn't seen her brother in 16 years. A few of our relatives from Utah came too. She stayed at my house so she wouldn't run into anybody before the party. She thought that we were all going out to dinner, as adults-and that was it. We made her breakfast that morning, took her to get her nails done, and out to lunch. We were just killing time. We were so excited! Here are the pictures of her night...
This is her arriving to the church. One of my Dad's callings is to check on the buildings and make sure they're locked up etc.. so we had my Dad call and say he had to stop by the church before we go and to meet them at the "restaurant". Everyone parked on the opposite side of the building. It was great!
No one yelled Surprise-they didn't want to frighten her. She's hugging her grand children. She hasn't seen her Brother and Sister yet...
When she saw Andrew she said, "Oh, that's my brother". It was very touching.
Her and her sister are so fun. They are two pea's in a pod.
I love this photo. It was very emotional.
They all did an awesome job! The tables had Tartan centerpieces, with Scottish Heather in the middle with balloons. Our dinner was a typical Sunday dinner, roast, potato's with gravy, with veggies. Ruth put together a amazing dessert display. Everything was great! I was in charge of the drink and keeping Nana entertained, so I was lucky!
Auntie Betty (my Dad's little sister) and husband Uncle Dee
Norma (my sister) and hubby Mike, and my cousin Mark.
This picture is cute because Nana's brother is helping her blow out the candles.
All of us were in a circle while she opened up gifts. I made my first shutter fly book (made a lot of mistakes) for Nana from the family. It was titled "Our Beloved Mother, Sister, Nana, and Friend". It was 90 reason's why we love her. Lanes family did this when his Dad turned 70, and I thought it was a great idea. Each person had to come up with 3 or 4 reason's why they loved her and then I made of book of it. I think it turned out really neat-except for the mistakes :) I've learned my lesson in that every time you change something you have to hit "save".







Here is 4 generations! I will always cherish this picture!
Carol (my sister), me, Mark, and my cousin Andrea.
Everybody that could make it. Our family is much larger than this. Families are Forever!



5 comments:
SO AWESOME, HEATHER! SHE LOOKS SO YOUNG!
What great family fun and treasured memories.
WOW!! What a fun party! Great that your family is so close!
I loved the story about your granmda seeing her brother after 16 years, it made me cry! You have such a neat family and always do such fun and memorable things together. You are also just adorably cute in every one of the pictures of you - LUCKY!
What a sweet blog story! Your Nana looked so happy. I am sure that if you asked her what her best birthday ever would've been in the past, she would have to say "this would be the one!" Her family is beautiful! All of your hard work of planning her Birthday paid off! Congratulations!
Post a Comment