Friday, August 1, 2008

Smiley Face Pancakes

One of my favorite blogs that you can get to through mine is "Skip to my lou" you will find it on the side, under "Fun stuff to do" ---------------> She has so many fun things to do and I attempted one of them and it turned out sooooooo cute!!! It's Smiley Face Pancakes! I did it and the kids loved it! One thing though if I could add to hers...using a spoon didn't work for me. I had to use my cake decorating thing (picture below). Also I found it easier if the batter you make a face, heart, initial, whatever with, is thicker then the regular batter!!!First: Make the face. Wait for it to start to bubble.Then pour batter over face.Flip the pancake over and you've got your face!!!

My First attempt-the one on the bottom kind of looks like a clown. The kids loved it just the same! Have Fun. Let me know if you do it.

8 comments:

mpal said...

I love the smiley face pancakes! When can we come for breakfast?

Staci said...

How fun! I just made pancakes for the kids this morning. I should have checked the computer first! I'll try it tomorrow. The kids will love having pancakes two days in a row! Such a cute idea! Thanks!! :)

The Ridgway Family said...

I love those pancakes. I will have to try them for sure with the girls. You always have the cutest ideas.

Keisa

Teresa said...

My mom used to make pancakes this way for us growing up...too fun and I think I made them this way for my own family about 3 children ago....I'll have to do it again, thanks for the reminder.

McIntosh said...

Yeah they went with us to echo but they left early. And thats Cody Haycock. Jens Husband.

Alena Porter said...

That is sooooooooo cool! I will need to try that sometime! I love your new background!:)

McIntosh said...

Do you know what is showing up? Is it flowers because if it is thats not what I want!

addie said...

how fun! I got to your blog through Sarinah's blog so you probably have no clue who I am-hehe...

In one of the Little House Books it describes 'Ma' making pancakes like this for the kids when they were with all their cousins. I bet she didn't have a cool syringe thing back then though. Great idea!