Okay, I know I haven't posted anything in a long time. It has been really crazy around here. Last week the kids were out of school and we had no plans until my sister Norma said she was coming from Utah to visit! We were really excited--the only thing was that she was going to meet my other sister Ruth and their family in Sedona to go camping for a couple days first. I was not looking forward to going camping, but decided to go so I could see my sister and for the kids to do something fun. (I really like being in a hotel, with a nice warm bed, and flushing toilets) The first night the temperature got down to 35 degrees. I was so cold in my sleeping bag that I literally shivered. I could not get warm. I could not understand how everybody in the tent (about 8 of us) could sleep? I did not want to disturb anybody but I thought I was going to die of frostbite (yes, I know I'm exaggerating) I got up and put all my blankets on Logan, disturbed Brittany-she was cold too, and the both of us got in the car and started it. It took about 10 minutes or so to heat up. We sat there in the car for about 3 hours waiting for the sun to come up. In that 3 hour time I was thinking...that I wanted to go home...and... do I want to do this another night? Because I was so worried about Logan being warm, he ended up with a heat rash all over his chest and back. I guess he was fine. Oops! The next day everybody was having so much fun hiking, playing in the creek, laying in the hammock, and hanging around the camp fire that I was thrilled when Lane called me and said he was coming! I said, "Bring more blankets!" He met us up at a lake in Flagstaff. The kids went fishing and took turns in a canoe that my brother in law brought and they even caught a frog-my nephew wanted to "buy" it-I love kids! We let it go :) Even my parents came up and stayed the night (they were not planning on it) That night everybody was a lot warmer-except for one person...my Dad. I slept in the car with Logan and told my Dad to come get in the car if he was cold ( he had one less sleeping bag than everybody---Everybody had about 3 each--He had 2 and a blanket). I felt bad for him. He didn't come get in the car so I assumed everybody was warm--we brought every sleeping bag we owned, plus a ton of blankets, and we still didn't have enough. I think if it had been in the summer we wouldn't have had any issues :( Oh, and we brought Kalia Baker too. We told her she was a princess because everything she wore was white-even her coat! I think she thinks we're all weird. Everybody had fun telling scary stories at night--now Logan can't go anywhere by himself, roasting marshmallow's and playing games that it ended up being fun after all. When we got back into town we all slept! And we went to the newly refurbished movie theatre at Superstition Mall and took the kids to see Inkheart. It was a great (kinda long) show. Logan giggled a lot. It was worth it just to listen to him. I will post pictures later. Whew! That was a super long post...Also, just a side note...my butter did not turn out. Patrice's did-we think it was my brand of butter-I bought the Kirkland (Costco) brand and it was gross. If you do it, only do a little bit at a time to make sure you like it and pick a different brand than Kirkland.
10 years ago



0 comments:
Post a Comment